In A Nutshell
Procurant is a cloud-based software platform for retail procurement and order management in fresh foods. A product that provides a platform to buyers and sellers to connect, communicate and expand business growth through a single platform. The platform uses IoT, Blockchain and Mobility to support traceability and safety across the fresh food supply chain. We helped Procurant work towards building an experience - a unique solution that would relieve the burden on supply chain management.
Defining The Problem
In the food procurement industry, the products have a shorter shelf-life, thus delivering the right products in the strict timelines becomes critical. Procurant offers a unique solution, bridging the gap between buyers and sellers.
The users of this platform apart from buyers and sellers also include suppliers, transporting companies and related profiles, warehouses. This multi-player user base translates into diverse needs. Each player in the ecosystem has a different nomenclature and taxonomy of the products. Providing design solutions for a singular platform that would address the needs of all the players in the supply chain was a challenge.
Some of the problems our design team worked on-
Tight management of perishable products
Just-in-time inventory management. The right food products to be delivered in the strict timelines.
Streamlining the management, tracing and tracking of products.
- Access to real-time data which is available to all the players, helping users make faster, more informed decisions.
- UX design solutions to match user behavior and patterns derived from the insights, to help users transition into and adapt fast. e.g. – Quick and easy on-boarding processes.
- An optimized inventory management process.
- Every piece of information uploaded on the platform is accessible by all, so that the source of truth is not lost.
- The design team worked on multiple modules of varying complexities and duration, including – Product Catalog, Supplier DB and Logistics.
- We delivered consistent user interfaces across all channels starting with defining a Design Language System (DLS) for the client.
Overall reduction in time, effort and stress of finding buyers
Access to real-time data induces transparency
Clarity on market purchase patterns, increase business efficiency by 24%
Substantial decrease in spoilage waste
21% Profitability increased by flexibility in pricing strategy